Welcome to the Beeston Rylands Junior School website. The school is federated with its partner junior school – Trent Vale Infant and Nursery School. This is known as the Trent-Rylands Federation.
Beeston Rylands Junior School is a GOOD school.
School Improvement Priorities for 2021-22
To have a relentless focus on improving the quality and consistency of teaching with the aims of :-
- Accelerating the progress of pupils who have lost learning due to school closures during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Further improving our remote education provision
To further develop our phonics provision
To identify the use of the Pupil Premium and Catch Up Funding to:-
- Reduce the impact of lost learning due to school closure
- Accelerate the progress of disadvantaged pupils so their attainment is equal to non disadvantaged pupils nationally
To develop a team of foundation subject leaders who have the skills and knowledge to undertake the role of subject leader according to the current Ofsted Framework
Caveat – Headteacher
From September 2021 Mrs Jackie Moss will no longer be the Executive Headteacher of the Trent-Rylands Federation. Mrs Janine Barratt and Mrs Catherine Turner will be Co-Headteachers of Trent vale Infant and Nursery School and Mrs Catherine Turner and Mrs Sue Osborne will be Co-Headteachers of Beeston Rylands Junior School. Any reference to Mrs Moss on this website or in any document/policy should be replaced with Mrs Barratt and Mrs Turner or Mrs Turner and Mrs Osborne as appropriate.
Safeguarding/Child Protection Concerns
If school is closed if you have any concerns about a child’s welfare or safety please contact Trent Vale on 0115 9179224 and leave a message or go directly to the Nottinghamshire MASH on 0300 500 8090 or 0300 456 4546 (out of hours)
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for The Trent-Rylands Federation with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/trentrylands/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to The Trent-Rylands Federation at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and The Trent-Rylands Federation will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.